Friday, July 16, 2010

Friend or Foe?

Its been exactly 12 days since i stepped into Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainon,more accurately,the once exclusive all male dominant Orthopedics department.

I am looked at with absolute awe...which i honestly feel is quite flattering.(some have a slight hint of jealousy,and some look at me like i am totally whacked)

Now, lets reflect on the last 6 months...extremely eventful!!..

I've uprooted my life and life as i knew it is changing.I'm living with my parents now, which is something i haven't done in 10 yrs...10 years is a bloody long time...thats more than one third but less than half of my life span. which is HUGE!

Next, I've now been downgraded to newbie all over again,but i have no complaints...being a newbie allows you to have a clean start...your slate is clean.People DON'T know you.They obviously can't have an opinion about you.

It has been absolutely refreshing to work in a different environment which isn't dominant with one particular race.Its nice to know that we aren't too consumed with ourselves.

Then there's the age factor...almost everyone who's running around is either my age group or much much older...so...it actually could be called a 'young hospital'.

It sucks being the newbie,but i am pretty exciting about starting over...lets see where this goes. 

No comments: