Saturday, April 25, 2009

27

You know what's Ironic?

In a typical day i see up to 120 patients who quite so willingly put their lifes in my hands-without a shred of doubt,with the hope that i deliver my very best and nothing less of course.They trust my decision, me, a complete stranger whose only claim to earning that trust is my degree and practice as a doctor.

Yet, for some unfathomable reason, you will always be incapable of sound decisions ONLY crucial ones mind you, in the eyes of the people who love you the most, as to them, you'll always be that wailing, cooing, nappy soiling creature that you were more than 2 decades ago.I'll always be reminded of my 'baby talk' and incomprehensible sense of style or my acquired taste for foods that most humans don't consume at the age of 2. Elephant- Effelant,you know...

That said, i really have nothing to complain about as i was always, ALWAYS asked to make my own decisions and rationalize them with my parents, at the age of 17 i was a "level headed and sound decision making teenager" but at 27...i'm anything but that.

Anyway, on the brighter side of things, Appu, has accepted Intel's offer at Bayan Lepas, which means we'll be in the same city yet again...i think this is my chance at getting to know my brother a little better.We've always been close, and talk about almost anything, but as its understood i only saw him and treated him as my younger brother who needs my protection and completely left our friendship to rot. Nevertheless, i am pleased with the fact that we are still friends till today...maybe just not as good as we used to be a couple of years back.

Girish on the otherhand has dropped the bombshell on my mum "i think i'll enroll in the May course of the American degree programme...i have to leave in the next 4 days"

This of course is difficult for someone whose umbilical cord still hasn't been severed. No doubt, she'll feel the loss-he was her confidante, friend, son, coach, physiotherapist, cuddle toy and loyal companion day in, day out...for as long as Appu and i have been away. (7 long years)

This would just mean that i should start rescheduling my locums and try spending as many weekends as possible with my folks so that the vaccum left by my youngest sibling isn't too harsh for them to handle.

till the next one, here's some Poe to ponder over.

It is the nature of truth in general, as of some ones in particular, to be richest when most superficial.

No comments: