Monday, September 15, 2014

The Pause.

"A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires." 
— Paulo Coelho


That said, my life has been anything but mundane of late. Have I mentioned though, that Paulo Coelho happens to be one of my favorite authors? 


"....How to demand with all his might that which he desires? "


It works. It just does....and the cause and effect of which left a believe in me that can never be shattered.


The story?


Imagine a situation where logic and reason are inexplicably defeated..... Where all you had to be was yourself and honest. (too good to be true?)


That feeling you get when you are soooo attracted to someone that it feels soooo right even if on a parallel dimension, it was absolutely wrong? That feeling as described in one of John Green's book ; Looking for Alaska...."But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane.”


The last 3 months of my life has imperfectly been the reflective canvas of my mind, because I demanded with all my might that which I desired. I demanded for the best. I wanted the best and I wasn't going to stop myself from trying,because deep down I knew I had nothing to loose.


It was and IS scary, and I doubt it'll ever get any less scarier than now. Its difficult when all you seek for materializes exactly the way you want It to, except that you DON'T know if the expiry date has been decided upon yet. It is an absolute guarantee that you will meet naysayers who will suck out every single positive vibe from the situation, just to get you thinking and certainly create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

I won't lie when I say that all the odds were stacked against me on this one. It is a lonely place to be for a while , because no one knows what exactly you are battling to get there. 
What may be a 'what if?' to me , could be a 'Oh well!' to you and that was a risk I had to take because your life shrinks or expands in proportion to your courage. 

The saddest part of the whole situation is of course, societal conditioning , environmental influences , and the pathetic need to fit in and be 'normal' in a society where genocide, child prostitution , religious wars , corruption , wealth without work and rape is considered almost 'normal'.


Unfortunately , or fortunately all our lenses are different and I am blessed with a discerning pair. I choose to not judge just because I sin differently from you.


Coming back to my last 3 months.....what am I harping about? I am basically going on and on about FIGHTING for your RIGHT to be HOME 


Where is this going?.....I am yet to find out.

No comments: