Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Rainmaker

My mum calls me The Rainmaker, not because i remind her of the John Grisham novel but because, its always raining when i arrive or it starts to rain when i'm about to leave home,some believe its a good omen. I'm just not too sure why.

The weekend was fantastic, i drove home after a super long friday,left the island at about 10pm and was home in the nick of time (15mins to midnight) just to blow candles and wish Girish.

Family lunch was abso-fucking-lutely lovely, it was great just to break bread together, laugh and have animated conversations. Beekins and Reena made an effort to be present and that by itself said a lot. This family of mine is leaving yet again for another 3months at most, to complete the bridging course and the exam. Our midnight conversations will have to be put on hold for the time being.

I had this warm fuzzy feeling inside the whole time, it had been  sometime since i had seen Appu, let alone have a meal with him. Papa was of course very cute,as he loves poking everyone's food.

On the way back, i did something i hadn't done in a long long time, i slept in my mum's arms and it was serene, it made me feel like nothing in the world could spoil my moment now...nothing mattered. I guess i'll never really grow up, i'll always be my parents' baby. The funny thing is, all 3 of us are like that, with Girish being the biggest baby. He'd climb on both my parents as if he was a toddler, mind you we are talking about a 181cm 75 kg adult! Till today he cuddles my mum and dad at night; and when either Appu or I are home he loves jumping into bed with us just to chat, ask questions and share a little bit of his thoughts.

He's a wonder child. Cheers to you Girish, please remain the way you are.

Anyway, today was nothing less than special as well, as always, Mum made breakfast and Papa fussed over me...while i sat staring at the Laptop Screen cussing and groaning,they pretended not to hear a word i was saying and were cracking jokes between themselves.

M: "The temperature in the kitchen is a little high isn't it Hari?"

P: "urm...yeah..*chuckles*...yes...very hot in here la Sus, i think we should ban office work in the kitchen"

They actually thought i wasn't listening. 

I'd honestly be lost without my folks.

The next 3 months will be all work and no play, till the Bees get home that is.

Jason Tan Hon Pin and Reena Charlene Lopes,go kick some Aussie ass,ill see you guys soon.

No comments: