Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Soiree

You know how your thoughts become a self fulfilling prophecy? Well, its TRUE, let me tell you why.

So, i have this habit where i'd look at the most peculiar spots in a particular area,and think of a likely mishap relating to that area and how so often you see it on television.

Eg: The space between the lift doors and the landing of a floor?...notice how it attracts your key to fall through it?...well,i always wondered what would it be like have your keys fall through it,and of course wonder why the probability of it happening on television is far greater than in reality. (Of course all this is based solely on my limited experience.)

Walking in at about half past 5, i thought to myself, why not i catch a quick nap and then head out to the gym and join the rest after for a movie at 2200H?

After a much needed LAZE...not SNOOZE...i moved out of my horizontal position and walked out of the door at 2000H, met my housemate at the lift and the both of us chatted all the way down.Not realizing that i already had my keys in my hands(left handed-thus keys in left hand),i absentmindedly unclutched my grip with the intention of fishing for my keys in my bag,this with absolute precision had to happen while i was getting out of the lift, which, yes, meant my keys falling through!

Precise train of thought at that moment "I knew it,i should've stopped imagining it after the first 2 times,look at the mess i've gotten myself into,damn,damn...the movies in 2 hours,shit...no working out today...damn"

My now stunned housemate, has no idea how to react, except to offer a ride and maybe his spare key,which i politely turned down,because being the anal retentive person that i am, i won't be going anywhere till i get my keys back!

Time 2008H

So i called the lift service number and requested for a technicians expert hand in the matter,which of course, Mr.Lee (the one attending the hotline) informed me would cost an arm,especially since its after hours. I explained that i understood and told them that i was stuck outside my residence,to which he assured me i would be attended to in half hour.

Time 2020H

Finally at 2040H, Mr.Nizam the technician, calls and tells me in a horrible chinese accent that he'll be at my place in half an hour,so finally at 2120,i paid Mr.Nizam an arm and thanked him profusely, to which he surprisingly answered back in flawless,accentless Malay. (i think visuals are important)

Due to Mr Nizam's prompt action i managed to make it for the movie at 2200.

If you really must know, your twisted thoughts do cost you dearly if you ask me...now there goes lunch money for the next 5 days!One Helluva Soiree..although i'm not too sure if its applicable for a technician,an idiot, a bunch of keys and a lost housemate.

No comments: