Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Churchill

An 87 year old man walks into a Doctors office and exclaims;

"Doctor!...so its you again!..."
"Evening Uncle, yes..good to see you too..."

We exchange a bunch of very routine questions and before he walks out he says, "Welcome to Winston Churchill's club, he was a left hander and very intelligent!"

I smiled politely and stared like a right idiot at him...and suddenly like a sudden spark we both quoted the same thing "never ever ever ever give up!" and laughed like old friends,and it was at that moment that it hit me...

Why was i losing sleep?why was i working myself up?why was i getting stressed out?why was i kicking myself hard?Why am i suddenly thinking of worst case senarios?-Just because i have a list?...i don't know what the future has in store for me but i do know that if i do things right when i can and could,i should.

Wow...all of that was easier typed out and thought of than actually trying to not think about worst case senarios.

I thought i had it all figured out...time is running out,time is running out.

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.
J. D. Salinger

No comments: