Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sunday Brunch

I had a fabulous weekend,you know the kind thats just impromptu and filled with familiarity.

The Folks came down on saturday and decided to spend the weekend with me,since i've been rather labile with my moods (which isn't soo labile anymore).Sadly, this was my working weekend,which pretty much means i'm clocking in extra hours at work.
Being the wonderful people that they are,they just tagged along,without complaints!

We did the whole lazy sunday brunch and MPH-ing,with witty banter and planning holidays,before i darted off to work and then rejoined them 4 hours later to send them off and a quick bite.

Which reminds me,i just finished this book called the Hindi-Bindi Club about naturalized Americans and 1st generation American Indians.Well,the point i was getting to was,there is this character called Rani McGuiness who hit very close to home.She is highly intelligent and creative but is susceptible to clinical depression.Her parents,Patrick and Uma are supportive and they are her best friends and biggest fans (very much like my folks-they are my biggest fans-even when i draw something sooo terrible only your mum would say "oh honey,its...hmmm...expressive?")
OK...so,now i am paying special attention to this character...
Now,she is the character that spoke to me and in a nutshell,my next plan is to get my chakras realigned.
Which reminds me,Reena once said,all great minds suffer some form of depression...or self conflict...which reminds me about another thing that i've come to realise.
I used to and still do look at reena and jason for the 'security blanket' that i customarily seek and receive from my folks.Its something that i cultivated in Moscow,my parents were too far and my 2 great friends,were there for me.

I like my long posts,mostly because most of you would've lost my train of thought at the 2nd chapter and wouldn't have figured out what the hell i just went on a tangent about.

Either ways,one day my life will flash before my eyes,and i want to make sure its worth watching.

My glass is ALWAYS half full...it sadly has a crack...for the time being.

No comments: