Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mandavoshka?

Its precisely 0106hours...

Would anyone with a sane mind believe me if i told them i was out at practice? Now, everyones REALLY going to think Futsal's a person! (i hope this piece of info, gets to Reens so that she doesn't think i'm cheating on her!)

Well i had 2 interesting days behind me, sunday was obviously training day during which i sustained a very futsal-er like injury (gloat!).

It was such a beautiful fall...my my...such grace...so much so my shoulders are grazed.
Learnt one very important lesson: Never play street soccer wearing shorts.
See when you are in soo much pain, all you want to do is get your mind off it. So i walked it off and got myself cleaned up.When i returned to the pitch/court/car park, everyone gathered around to see if i was ok...and well...i guess familiarity breeds lack of privacy because Dee had informed them that my tolerance for pain is NON-EXSISTANT!

Excellent! now the entire team knows i'm a wuss...
I made things worse when i got myself milk right after practice from noreen's room...
Then Ms.Kang Wan Li shouted soo loud people in Paris didn't hear "my gosh viro you are such a big baby!" (now i really don't know what i can do to salvage my reputation)

So to conclude sunday-i had a fall and grazed myself on a tar road and now i'm in pain...

Checked out CJ's blog, and she had a valid question posted-Why mandavoshka?

Well, i guess because life gives you generous helpings of it disguised as other people or events or maybe because it rhymes with Public Lies...or (which i think is the real reason) maybe i liked the sound of it...its very rare that i fall for a slang thought to me by Dmitry...

I'm a simple creature CJ and yet i can't give you a simple straight answer...now thats a major--> O_y_o_o_ (come on CJ...fill in the blanks).
Perhaps we should do this over coffee? (no i'm not hitting on you)

And...i finally heard from Adel...mmm...*deep in thought*

Monday was an all work day...and nursing day,came home and knocked out.

This now brings us to Tuesday...yeap one of those never ending days.

Once again them NATOs and us normal people gathered to waste more time and figure out why some ass has a pimple on his forehead...
No actually they couldn't believe that we've finally got a venue, and couldn't digest the digits...
All thanks to Dmitry...
Basically after wasting time that we couldn't afford to, i got to practice and couldn't play because the wound is on a joint and it hurts...so did drills...and decided on which numbers we wanted on our jersey...
Here's a brilliant one- How could one incorporate name and number to be one?...
Easy, if you had a nick like mine which is V, then you could choose to be number 5 and only print V and if the referee says that i need a number,i could say "its a roman numeral-No.5" (get it-V is 5 according to roman numbers?)
I have a feeling after reading this some people are going to leave comments like 'DORK'.
Well anyways my number's 2 and the name as V (although i wanted my number to be 69)

The next 2 days are work days...and this means there'll be no training for me, and we are leaving for Kursk on Thursday (night) for the intervarsity games...
To all those who are curious- Yes, the opening match is between us and Kursk State Medical University...imagine the pressure, the worst part is, we would've just arrived 5 hours prior to the opening ceremony...
People, please pray that luck is on our side.

Tuesday's concluded in an odd manner...with a request for luck (what have i come to?)

Truth is guys i feel kind of scared/heavy...for some reason what Ju told me has put a lot of doubt in my head...like would i be able to perform and other such dumb questions...
" remember the defender is the backbone of the game, you can't afford mistakes"

But am sure the team will do just fine...as a team we'll survive...(sounds like a mantra on repeat?)
I guess its our turn to give some varsities their share of MANDAVOSHKAs...

No comments: