Monday, May 22, 2006

Color blind

We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

That would in turn imply that i'm a procastinator who takes things for granted, intentionally oblivious to my surroundings and supremely selfish.

today's 'distorted-chain-of-thoughts' day.

"Why don't you show me the little bit of spine.You've been saving for his mattress.
I only want sympathy in the form of you crawling into bed with me."

There you go, another perplexing thought. No well, i'm not all that shallow, its from a song.
Here's the thing, in my opinion sympathy/pity are the worst kind of emotion/s one can have for another.
Naturally, if its rephrased into 'mercy sex' then its acceptable. (more shallow thoughts)
Hang on, let me level with myself here.

Ok...I'm back at square one.

I started out with something logical like aristotle and ended up with fall out boy, wait that is logical.

I just realised something odd, my friends have soo much faith in me that, the moment someone's talking to me and taking my number down (or me theirs), they are of the impression that i flirted my way there. And almost always i get told on. *sigh*
But, i've got excellent back up- Bee Kins! he sits there and smiles like its no biggie. And when asked to back me up, he pretends he's lost!

Have been giving a few things some serious thought. (rare?)
I'm a month away from my convocation, 2 from going back home,3 from attending my interview,4 from kicking-off working life, 5 from starting a savings account, 6 from starting birthday and new year plans!!

I've got my priorities sorted haven't i? *patting myself on the shoulders*

Read all of the above...
See what i mean by 'i'm a procastinator'?

There are a few things in life you should hold on to, no matter how tough the going gets.They would be different things for different people, and the meaning it carries is different as well.
Depending on what we need to keep ourselves going, we'd make our choices.

For most of us, achieving something would almost always include sacrifices.
Some of us allow ourselves to be misled; driven by selfishness, we'd make the wrong sacrifices.
Its all very humane, no arguments there, but the question is, how FAR will you go?

The only sacrifice i've had to make to achieve something is waking up earlier so that i'd get to run before class. (not very impressive eh?)
Wait, there was this one time, i HAD to sacrifice watching a movie to catch up on study time. (ma's orders!)

Of late, i've noticed(probably because i'm ignorant), we'd go all out to get what we want.-disregarding the potential damage.
Maybe its because, people don't change but they just become more of who they are.
Over time, you'd learn things/traits of the other...and you'd reach a point and ask yourself, "do i know this person anymore?"

Then again we'd have to take into account that while this other was evolving, we morphed as well. We too became more of who we are...and chances are this other is asking the same questions.

Conclusion: Having blogger's block. A friend of mine once told me "do not believe everything you read"

Disclaimer: Do not believe everything you read.

No comments: