Sunday, March 05, 2006

Building Blocks


















Building Block:

n.
1. A block used as a building material, especially a cinder block.
2. A small wooden or plastic cube used as a building toy.
3. A basic element or part of something: Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins.


Its almost the end of my 'journey' in Moscow...I'm not too sure what i'm feeling, but what i do know is that it feels heavy...

I've spent slightly more than one fourth of my life here and somehow its molded me into what i am today. Well when i say Moscow, i mean everything that comes with it...especially FRIENDS...

Part of growing up included interactions with your peers, my peers have thought me more than i could ever envisage and i just wish i could explain to them their roles in my life...i guess the simplest way of making them understand is just by saying THANK YOU.

I'm not sure how i've influenced or contributed in their lifes...whatever it maybe i hope it was more good than bad.
You guys were my 'building blocks'(in small but significant ways...Thank You People...)

Changes always occur...they say changes are always meant for the better, i guess 6 and a half years is a very long time and its just natural for some form of evolution.
Maybe its just me but certain changes that have occured illustrate stupidity more than anything.
Beyond all the changes,i've been trying to figure out what kind of person am i (ethically):-

a) Deontologist
b) Utilitarian

Now if i was a deontologist i would believe in perserving an individual's rights. An Utilitarian on the other hand has the
"The greatest happiness for the greatest number" principle.
If i was a) then i should shut my eyes,gap,ears and finally turn off my brains temporarily.
If i was b) then i should do everything in my power to make this 'mini evolution' turn out for the better...

Then again, i'm a very lazy person who over simplyfies my own life...right now i feel like getting back to the couch and continuing my cardio (channel surfing).

No comments: