Monday, March 13, 2006

X marks the spot

Work was interesting...talking to my 15 year old student reminded me of things i missed most about myself...observing him all i saw was an unadultrated mind...He's still naive, very much an idealist...and innocent...
He BELIEVES in Utopia...the only thought in my mind after work was 'this too shall pass'...He'll grow up...become a cynic or a pessimist (i've failed to see the difference) and the world will be the same(maybe worst off)...

We were talking about (or rather i was telling him) Slobodan Milosevic and the Balkan war. Sometime between Milosevic and English grammar we ended up talking about Israel and Palestine(me thinks he was dodging the grammar test i gave him), the poor kid couldn't comprehend why adults aren't being adults...So i tried enlightening him and well..the idea of religon being the main barrier was an unfantomable idea for this kid...at this moment i wanted to tell him been there,done that,bought the T-shirt and reformed but i decided that he'll learn it in due time.
Then i realised we become cynical to a certain extent for self defence (i'm an optimist)...

As soon as i walked in,there was a message from reens and i could smell my H5N1(yes...chicken) in the oven (thank you azie for dinner)...
Since i was quite excited about my findings(what i missed most about myself),When Reena asked me 'how was my day' my answer wasn't 'good'--it was all of the above.I also decided to be an Acarina and tell her about how Nagasaki wasn't actually the main target for the Americans but the original city (i dont remember what its called) was covered in fog and the pilot couldnt locate the X so his commanders told him to go drop it in Nagasaki...she then asked me Whats the difference between an Atom bomb and a Nuclear bomb...

Mr.Google came to the rescue and enlightened me...they are one and the same(i always had thought 1 was more powerful than the other), the difference exsists between A bombs and Hydrogen bombs.A Bombs use nuclear fission whereas H bombs use nuclear fusion and is 1000 more powerful than an A bomb. There you go babes-i rescued your IQ from OC and Futurama!!...
(i like futurama btw)...

I think i'm gonna go for a double major or something...maybe nuclear physics...(only because it sounds cool)...

No comments: