Monday, March 06, 2006

Spacing Out

Why too much of something's bad for you?

Scenario:
My livingroom after class one very cold afternoon,3 people were sitting around drinking milo-Ritz,Syu and yours truly...This is the conversation

Syu :Eh Ritz!!...I think something's wrong with V laa...
Ritz :Yea..me too...
Me :...
Syu :*turns around towards me* sorry ahh...i know we're talking about you as though you aren't here.
Ritz : hahahahahahaha...
Syu : i mean seriously i think she's become slower and she always seems lost and in her own world!
Ritz : Its the Ipod...chuck it or hide it or ruin her headphones...
Syu : Yeah!!...most days i feel like doing just that...look...today for example...we were all together talking and she had her headphones on...and when you talk to her you don't get any response!! V...i think you shouldn't use the ipod like that...your reflexes have become slower...and...
Ritz: i'm telling you...just chuck it!!....
Me : *i grunt something inaudible and continue spacing out*

i don't know how the conversation ended...

Next day after class, as i headed out for my dose of nicotine dipta joins me...

Dee : V!!...you know i bet you have your own little world with your own language,principles,laws,philosophies...right??? *big wide grin on her face right now*
Me : mmm...thats a good thing isn't it?...*dumb grin*
Dee : hmm...*deep in thought*...ok at least don't put on your earphones laaaa...why?we not interesting enough for you is it?...its just that...its just a coincidence that we don't talk whenever your earphones are not on...i think its psychological...i think we are trying to cope with the shock that your earphones are NOT on!...seriously...we are interesting!!...

I did not use my Ipod that day...so that i could..CONVERSE with Ritz,Dee and Syu...
And CONVERSE we did!! (yoda action there)

Well guys, if its any consolation...its not that i don't find you guys interesting,its just that sometimes its nice to listen to music and get lost in your own world...

I really believe that being oblivious saves your heart. (primary prophylaxis for heart disease...and maybe gastric ulcers)

Although i might have to contradict myself there by saying that obliviousness might ruin your perception of time...well recently i was reading something about time perception and if my memory serves me right, it said that the older we get the more ignorant we become (to outside changes), thats why we feel as though time flies or "my god...this place has changed a lot hasnt it??...*pointing at a round-a-bout that was constructed a couple of months back*...

But if we are just a little bit more observant we'd be able to see a gradual change and that would mean that we saw progress happen at a certain pace.Meaning time didn't fly or the round-a-bout didn't pop out of nowhere...

well...time's flying for me...and i don't want it to.
Looks like i've got to start being more involved don't i?...
There goes my favourite pass time...


No comments: